Happy new year from the Codewars team! 🎉 As we leap into 2024, we’re thrilled to kick off the year with our commitment to enhancing your Codewars experience.
The Codewars team has been hard at work, and we can’t wait to unveil our exciting updates that will elevate your coding journey.
What’s in store for you?
- Fresh product updates: Brace yourselves for new features and enhancements that will directly impact your interactions on the Codewars platform. From sleek UI improvements to powerful new tools, we’ve got you covered.
- Bug squashing: As dedicated Codewarriors, you understand that no platform is entirely bug-free. Fear not! We’re on a mission to squash those bugs and ensure a smoother experience for all.
- Code Runner enhancements: Our language management program, the Code Runner, is being updated at a faster rate. This year you can expect better performance, more language support, and updated version support.
Stay tuned for our monthly release notes blog, where we will keep you informed about all these exciting developments 💻🚀
- Clan names: Removed the ability for users to create Clans with URLs in the title. Any pre-existing Clans with URLs have been updated to remove the link.
- Codewars API results: Improved API results for user completion data to list the languages a Kata was completed, ordered by completion date.
- Head-to-head compare: Improved the response for head-to-head comparisons when one of the users didn’t have a highest-ranking language assigned.
- Java enum class: Fixed a bug which caused Katas to refuse the Java enum class. Thank you to Madjosz for reporting this bug.
- Updated character limit on discourse comments: Discourse comments now have a character limit of 5000 characters, this limit was implemented to help prevent excessive spamming in comments.
New language versions added:
Legacy versions removed:
If you have any feature requests or encounter any bugs, please reach out to us by email, firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any programming language requests or version requests, please make this request directly on our Code Runner GitHub, here.